Thursday, November 4, 2010

습관.

So... let's try to make this a daily thing.  Hopefully I will have some sort of post up every day.  Time permitting.  Most likely I'll make time by sleeping a little less (?), so no worries.  You will get to hear me ramble every day.

The main reason I'm doing this is because I want something consistent.  Rather, I want the feeling of consistency (and productivity?).  I don't mean that I want routine, just that feeling of doing consistently well, being consistently productive, not wasting time.  Because lately, that is something I don't have.  Hopefully doing this will help me get that feeling and get everything else back on track - not that it isn't on track, I just don't feel honky-dory about it.  So why don't I feel the honky-dory-ness?  Mainly it's because I've fallen into several habits lately that I must and WILL break.

Some habits of mine:
1) I sleep late. - Nowadays, I rarely sleep before 4 or 5 in the morning.  I am either legitimately studying, or I'm "studying."  I partially blame this on wanting more time, therefore staying up late and getting up (relatively) at the same time makes me feel better about the fact that the days go by so fah-reakin fast.

2) I (sometimes) skip class. - An adverse affect of sleeping late.  I like to snooze.  And then I unknowingly turn my alarm off.  And then I wake up 5 minutes before my class is supposed to start.  And then I spew a plethora of expletives at the morning air (and/or myself) and fall back asleep.  Wash, rinse, repeat.    ...Shit.

3) I like to take naps. - See a trend here?  Little sleep means I most likely take a nap during the day.  Maybe even at night?  Which means later that night.. not so tired.  Therefore I sleep late.  Wash, rinse, repeat.    ...Fuck.

I guess these are the main three that have contributed to my shitty feeling.  But it's ok, 'cause like I said, they will be broken.  And pronto.  No more of this nocturnal business.  Lol (as I write this at 5 in the morning).  We'll see how it goes.


Linkin Park.  An old love of mine.  My first addiction.

Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit

No comments:

Post a Comment