Monday, December 6, 2010

the best twenty dollars.

Post-Urbanite clinics Fall 2010

Telephone - Lady Gaga & Beyonce, choreography by Camillo Lauricella and Nika Kljun


It is needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), this piece makes me so happy.  Partly because it's an amazing, fun dance, and partly because now it reminds me of the day I took class from Nika Kljun, Patrick Chen, and Maxi Fesenmayer.  I sincerely hope I'll get the chance to take class from them again, especially Nika.  She's so fun!  That was the best class experience I've had so far.  Of course because the teachers were so great, but also because it was the first class I've taken where I've felt marked improvement in my dancing (not to mention I could actually see despite having a spot near the back).  I know for an absolute fact that at the beginning of this school year, I would not have been able to pick up this dance in that one class.  By no means can I do it perfectly (yet), but I can do it beginning to end (and I'd like to say fairly well) without getting lost or forgetting the moves.  Which, I used to do frequently in previous classes from other teachers.
The atmosphere in class was amazing, as well.  Everyone there was there - from Mexico, Chicago, Slovenia, Germany, etc - because they loved dance, and it was just fun, and chill.
Can't wait for another class.  Can't wait for another class from Nika!  This might be unlikely, but I really hope she comes back next year.

I Love You - Chris Brown, choreography by Patrick Chen and Maxi Fesenmayer

No comments:

Post a Comment