Wednesday, September 29, 2010

grazie a destino

change one small thing, and EVERYTHING would be different.

When I came to college, I had no idea who my roommate would be. Due to my innate laziness, I had applied late for housing, and I got a temporary room with two other students. A week or so before move-in, I was emailed a new, more permanent room assignment, and that's where my life as I know it right now started. My roommate. And the only reason I was assigned as her roommate was because the girl who was supposed to room with her didn't show for some reason. She must have transferred, or switched dorms. Either way, by some stroke of luck, I met my current roommate Christine. We ended up doing a lot of things together. Long story short (again, I'm lazy), with Christine I joined the Asian-American club on campus, which is where I met a lot of people. And with Christine I joined the club's annual show, which is where I found my passion for dance as well as met a lot of my closest friends.

It's really strange to think that, had I come to college and not met my current roommate, I would not be where I am right now. Had I gone to a different college, I would not be where I am right now. I would not have met all the people that I spend a good portion of my time with now (maybe I would have, but I definitely wouldn't have been as close), I would definitely not be as involved, and on that note, I would most definitely not have been dancing. Wow. What would I be doing now? I have no idea. What would I do without my friends now, and what would I do without dance?


grazie a destino.



Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong



Sick Puppies - All The Same



Bullet For My Valentine - Forever and Always



Yea...I couldn't pick just one.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I find it funny how things worked out so perfectly.

    I don't think that any of us had UIUC as our top choice for college, yet all of us somehow ended up together. Christine brought you into AAA because her big ended up to be Kim. Simon was my roomie and told me about fashion show, which is where I met you. Because we knew Simon we joined VSA and met Don; and through Don we fell in love with dance and subsequently became much closer with one another.

    Like, things could have turned out so much differently. If even one thing changed between us last year, we probably wouldn't be as close as we are now.

    I'm really glad we are :]

    ReplyDelete